Re: [K12OSN] Good AMD 64 bit system recomendations?

Sudev Barar wrote:
On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:15 -0400, Henry Burroughs wrote:

I'm thinking about making my file backup server 64 bit.  Any
recommendations on processor models and motherboards?  I will probably
run Centos or RHEL 4.0.

Have had good working with AMD64 MSI motherboards. But watch out that
you buy one with Via SATA controller since Sil/Ati drivers are not
available. Alternate (that also has been used by me) is to plug in a Via
PCI SATA card and get going.

I love the Tyan dual and single Opteron Boards.

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/opteron.html

We use them in all of our K12LTSP installs.

--scott