[K12OSN] A little evangelism

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed May 4 19:22:51 UTC 2005

David Trask wrote:
> Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon at gmail.com> on Monday, May 2, 2005 at 3:53
> PM +0000 wrote:
>
>>I think the newest updates to k12ltsp have that .conf file with ppc
>>already in there.
>>
>>OK, let's be sure to connect on that!
>

> You're right....it works out of the box.  I boot my ibook simply by
> holidng down the "N" key

This will be a tremendous showcase for the K12LTSP; kudos to you guys
spending time (and money) to put it together.

When we did this for the Pacific Telecommunication Conference

http://www.hosef.org/gallery/PTC

a table was set up for those with their own laptops.  This did not
expose them to Linux, but it was appreciated.  We had to shorten the
renewal time for the dhcp leases, though, since people came and went.

My unsolicited piece of advice: be prepared for users wanting to plug in
their usb keychains.  We did not prepare for this and a few people were
disappointed.  With the recent work and documentation on this, it seems
pretty possible.

> David N. Trask
> Technology Teacher/Coordinator
> Vassalboro Community School