Re: [K12OSN] A little evangelism

David Trask wrote:
Steve Hargadon <steve hargadon gmail com> on Monday, May 2, 2005 at 3:53
PM +0000 wrote:

I think the newest updates to k12ltsp have that .conf file with ppc
already in there.

OK, let's be sure to connect on that!

You're right....it works out of the box.  I boot my ibook simply by
holidng down the "N" key

This will be a tremendous showcase for the K12LTSP; kudos to you guys spending time (and money) to put it together.

When we did this for the Pacific Telecommunication Conference

http://www.hosef.org/gallery/PTC

a table was set up for those with their own laptops. This did not expose them to Linux, but it was appreciated. We had to shorten the renewal time for the dhcp leases, though, since people came and went.

My unsolicited piece of advice: be prepared for users wanting to plug in their usb keychains. We did not prepare for this and a few people were disappointed. With the recent work and documentation on this, it seems pretty possible.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us