Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:13:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Timothy Legge <tlegge rogers com>
Subject: [K12OSN] NIS?
To: k12osn redhat com

Hi

I am sure this has been discussed but here are my
requirements.  I have at least one fat client Linux PC
that will be used for Scanning.  I would like to be
able to

1) use the same user id and password as on the K12LTSP
clients
2) I would like to mount the K12LTSP home directory
for the user who signs on.

I am assuming some combination of NIS and something
else is the answer to my problem but a few pointers
would be appreciated.  While I am not uninterested in
LDAP, the LDAPSamba solution discussed on the list
seems like overkill for my issue.

Any thoughts/pointers?

Tim