[K12OSN] OT: alternative to MS Frontpage

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 10:44:44 UTC 2005

I was hoping to install a mini lab in my church's
youth center, but I just discovered that the church's
website is done with Frontpage and cannot be viewed in
Firefox.  This will cause some difficulties gaining
linux acceptance, as you might imagine.  I'd like to
approach the designer (a volunteer) about changing his
ways, but I'd like to be armed with some good
alternatives to using Frontpage.

Since I don't use Frontpage, I don't know what
features it has.  And since I'm not much of a web
designer, it's tough for me to pick out a good
alternative by reading a list of features.  Can
anybody recommend something that will make
standards-compliant webpages, and that a Frontpage
user would be happy using?

Thanks

-Rob