Re: [K12OSN] OT: how to boot PPC LiveCDs

Since they're ISO files, just like the ones for x86, I assumed I just used the same cdrecord syntax to burn them. But perhaps not? If any of you Mac folks could get the LiveCD ISO, burn it and test it, I'd appreciate it. Ubuntu can be gotten at
http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/5.04/

and Kubuntu can be gotten at
http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/hoary/

BTW, Jim, thanks for all the terrific work you've done getting Macs to work as clients, thin & chubby. If it's okay with you, I may suggest to the teachers that they take an 'excursion' down to Winona to see what you've done. I think you're only a couple hours drive away (I'm in Minneapolis).

Petre

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
OT: How to I make a Mac boot from a LiveCD? Just press the C key while it boots? Any other ways? Does it depend on the vintage of the Mac?

Holding the C key will boot CD's.  You can also hold the option key
while booting to bring up a list of all bootable devices currently on
that machine, then you select the one you want to boot and click an
arrow.  But my guess is if it isn't booting for some reason the machine
thinks the disk isn't bootable.  I have never made a LiveCD let alone
one for a Mac so I am not sure what you need to do to be sure it is mac
bootable, but hopefully someone else here does.