[K12OSN] New FC3 server, how to export /home correctly?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu May 5 15:46:39 UTC 2005

> David:  this is the error message I get... (this is a
> brand new totally fresh install, no firewall, no
> selinux). I have edited /etc/exports on the /home
> server and I have edited /etc/fstab on the "other"
> servers.

I forgot in my last email as well but did you run
#exportfs -av
After the modification and did you make sure to have an empty /home on
the slave servers before running
#mount -av

Also you may just want to check for whether or not NFS is running and
just restart the main server then the slave servers.  A restart isn't
always a bad thing.  Then you know all mounts are fresh.  Also another
tip is that Webmin makes NFS exporting very simple.  If you still have
bad luck you might want to try this as well.