[K12OSN] New FC3 server, how to export /home correctly?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu May 5 17:58:17 UTC 2005

> the IP provider for Missouri assigns each school a
> subnet (if they subscribe).  207.160.224.xxx is my
> subnet.

I think where Dave was going here is if you are using external IP's
provided by your ISP and accessing by these external IP's your traffic
may be being negotiated over your ISP's routing equipment.  Typically
you would just assign those IP's to your router and then do NAT to an
internal IP range to be sure all of your routing is internal. So
normally you would have a 10.x.x.x or a 192.168.x.x or another internal.
So it just shows up as odd.  But since this worked in the past with
these IP's I don't see any reason it shouldn't now if no routing
configurations were changed.