[K12OSN] tentative roadmap, request for input

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 6 16:05:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 08:14, Shawn Powers wrote:
> Eric Harrison wrote:
> > 3) Development of the next generation of LTSP will continue with Ubuntu
> > as the base.
>
> w00h00!!  I don't feel so bad for my "why not debian" rants a few years
> back, I was just before my time...  :)

Don't forget that there was a good answer to the "why not debian"
question in regard to their release schedule or lack thereof...

> I think your plan is an incredible one.

Assuming that ubuntu really can pull off their promise of a fast
release schedule without losing stability, it is. It will be
nice if you don't have to choose one or the other as with the
fedora/RHEL split, but it is a lot to ask.   I'm still a little
skeptical, especially given the history of the debian base
refusing to declare anything stable until it is so old no one
wants to run it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com