Re: [K12OSN] tentative roadmap, request for input

Les Mikesell wrote:

Assuming that ubuntu really can pull off their promise of a fast release schedule without losing stability, it is. It will be nice if you don't have to choose one or the other as with the fedora/RHEL split, but it is a lot to ask. I'm still a little skeptical, especially given the history of the debian base refusing to declare anything stable until it is so old no one wants to run it.

I don't know too many who run debian and actually use the 'antique "stable"' release, almost everyone I know even in production environments use 'unstable'...and there is an even more bleeding edge one but I forget it's repository name, "freaky" perhaps =)

Debian stable I believe doesn't even have built in USB "jump drive" support yet...

--Huck