[K12OSN] tentative roadmap, request for input

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Fri May 6 21:48:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Liam Marshall wrote:

> Eric wrote
>
> >Ubuntu adding LTSP support does not mean that the >Fedora version will go
> >away. It will mean you have another choice, if that >better fits your needs.
>

> ok but approx when will ubuntu come "out of the box" with ltsp like K12LTSP 4.2.x does now?

The next release of Ubuntu will be on or around Oct 6th, 2005.  It will
be called 'Breezy Badger', and it will have LTSP integrated.

Take a look at http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/ThinClientIntegration for
details on the implementation plan.

Additionally, there will be a release of Ubuntu called 'Edubuntu' that
will be tailored to the education community, and it will also include
LTSP.  For details on that, take a look at
http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu

The Canonical guys are VERY serious about the integration of LTSP into
Ubuntu.  They will be doing much of the "heavy lifting" to get LTSP
integrated.  This is a huge leap forward for us, and we're all very
excited about the potential.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org