[K12OSN] tentative roadmap, request for input

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sun May 8 02:03:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Assuming that ubuntu really can pull off their promise of a fast
> release schedule without losing stability, it is. It will be
> nice if you don't have to choose one or the other as with the
> fedora/RHEL split, but it is a lot to ask.   I'm still a little
> skeptical, especially given the history of the debian base
> refusing to declare anything stable until it is so old no one
> wants to run it.

I know firsthand that this is a *very* difficult problem -- but then
again, never underestimate the resolve of a multibillionaire who's been to
space and back.  :)

In any event: however the Ubuntu side of the roadmap works out, I hope
that we can continue to provide a stable platform for K12LTSP as well.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan
      Red Hat Summit ] [
         New Orleans ] [ Learn. Network. Experience Open Source.
     June 1/2/3 2005 ] [ (And Make Your Boss Pay For It.)
                       [ http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/