[K12OSN] LTSP over dial-up

Nataraj S Narayan nataraj at gsis.ac.in
Mon May 9 10:59:08 UTC 2005

Hi

I am using LTSP with 486 (without HDD) with 16 MB,S3 display card and
Realtech NIC card. Everything is fine and fast, over LAN. I want to have
a thin client working over dial-up networking ,connecting to the Linux
LTSP server.

Any body has tried this? My idea is to have a floppy boot which will
load a kernel and ppp client to dial-up thru inter-com connection. After
that it should download the kernel. Then fire the X server.

Or else a boot floppy with ppp client and a  Xserver which fits into a
floppy.

Is any thing like this possible?

regards

Nataraj