Re: [K12OSN] Problem with 2 users on Kubuntu and question?

Richard/n wrote:

I read of a problem adding a 2nd user to Kubuntu on another list. Can someone who is running Kubuntu, and can make a good backup, give this a try: create a 2nd user and see if you can work with it?

Thanks,
Richard.

I had a kubuntu box up for awhile with a second user. I don't have it still so I can't doublecheck but I don't recall having any particular problem with it. I remember that the things going on under the sheets were quite different than what you might expect with a redhat based distro but that just comes from it debian heritage I expect. I wasn't really impressed with it (explaining why it no longer exists) but I don't recall any particular problem either - at least in that regard. The only real problem I had was getting it to run on the hardware I had available (which I did eventually resolve).

-- Mike Rambo mrambo lsd k12 mi us

Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable
events occur with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and
no one is given credit.
    -Nigel Cunningham