Re: [K12OSN] Providing Services for Windows

cliebow downeast net wrote:

hi: i am looking into win4lin terminal server..vmware did nothing for me..i
have six schools with new linux servers looking to use lexia learning as a
justification for the expense..no luck with winex..it all seems to come
back to relible sound..keep in touch and i will pass on what ever i
find..chuck..and best of luck..

Thanks! I will keep in touch and let you know what we are doing.
Ken

Hi all:

Earlier this year a friend and I set up a k12ltsp network at a local private school. We erverhave one parent, who also writes grants and has a consulting business, thatin4lin terminal s wants us to move completely to

Windows. This

person is completely unreasonable and will not listen to any of our points as to why Linux is a superior solution.

That said, what I would like to know from you folks is what is the best way to provide services for the inevitable Windows programs that will have to be run. We have several teachers who have programs, mostly K-4, that are only Windows based. For example, Reading Counts, Math Counts, etc. The science teacher also has one or two programs she would like to continue using.

Do you know of substitues that are available for the reading and math programs?

How do you folks handle this situation at your schools? Does anyone run Win4Lin Terminal Services and is it any good?

Thanks for you thoughts. I am in no mood to throw out a year's worth of work and fervently believe that k12ltsp is far superior to anything else available for schools.

Cheers,
Ken