[K12OSN] Solving the bandwidth bottleneck

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue May 10 19:25:42 UTC 2005

Scott,

yes, you could connect the 2 switches to your 2 nics and split the load.

Just make sure you don't then connect the 2 switches together.

AND, make sure you pick different subnets for the 2 networks.

Something like 192.168.0.x for eth0, an 192.168.1.x for eth1 would work,
assuming your netmask is 255.255.255.0

Although i'd be pretty surprised if you are utilizing all of the 1gbit
link between the server and 1 switch.  Again, assuming the switch has a
1gbit port.  If not, that would be a great way to resolve your bandwidth
problem.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org