Re: OT-hijacked. . .Re: [K12OSN] Solving the bandwidth bottleneck

It was my understanding that switches are "smart".
and know what port requests what and where it's going/coming from...
unlike a hub which just spurts traffic on all ports for the sake of spurting =)

--Huck(not a switch expert obviously)

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
I have two NICs in a server, one on a public IP and one on a private one and they are both connected to the same switch. . . is this really a problem?

Don't seem to be from here. . .

As far as know this definitely breaks more than a couple networking
rules :-)

If it is working I hate to say change it as the general rule is "if it
ain't broke don't fix it".  But you may want to fix that.

You should never have 2 networks propogating the same switch.  This
should cause major slowdowns and collisions, if not more.