[K12OSN] K12LTSP with MS DHCP Server

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 14:08:46 UTC 2005

I think the current recommeded method, if you can't
get rid of the MS dhcp server, is to configure K12LTSP
to use dhcp on port 1067 so that it does not conflict
with the MS dhcp server.  Then you make boot floppies
from www.rom-o-matic.com and do the custom
configuration, and check off
"ALTERNATE_DHCP_PORTS_1067_1068"

I ran it like this at home for a while.  The only
problem I don't know how to handle is what to do about
pxe-booting.  I don't know if you can tell a
pxe-bootable machine to look for an alternate port.

-Rob

--- Matthew Cooke