[K12OSN] Ubuntu and roaming profiles

Joe Wiedenmeier jwiedenmeier at ucs.k12.wi.us
Wed May 11 14:10:25 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

Have been using k12ltsp in my school since the beginning of the year. I have
been impressed and it has done a wonderful job helping us maintain costs and
keeping Tech Time to a minimum. I'm one guy, network, phones, repair, budget
etc for a 4 school 800 student system. Great work on the distro and this
forum has been very helpful!

I am exploring Ubuntu since it seems that I will need to get to know it. My
question is: Is it possible to use roaming profiles by using NFS? With
Fedora it is pretty easy, just say use NFS, create /Home directory and
modify fstab to mount share. What is the procedure for Ubuntu? Thanks
--
Joe Wiedenmeier
Technology Coordinator