[K12OSN] K12LTSP with MS DHCP Server

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed May 11 14:29:52 UTC 2005

> I think the current recommeded method, if you can't
> get rid of the MS dhcp server, is to configure K12LTSP
> to use dhcp on port 1067 so that it does not conflict
> with the MS dhcp server.  Then you make boot floppies
> from www.rom-o-matic.com and do the custom
> configuration, and check off
> "ALTERNATE_DHCP_PORTS_1067_1068"
>
> I ran it like this at home for a while.  The only
> problem I don't know how to handle is what to do about
> pxe-booting.  I don't know if you can tell a pxe-bootable
> machine to look for an alternate port.

Here is a link from ltsp.org describing how to do what is recommended
above:
http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/parallel_dhcp.txt

Here is another tutorial I found from a google search on how to set up
your Win2000/2003 server to offer up Etherboot requests:
http://diet-pc.sourceforge.net/windows/etherboot-w2k.html

I know I saw a link within the last 2 weeks on the list that took you to
a website that described about every possible combination under the sun
for running ltsp and Windows together.  Hopefully that will show up
again, otherwise browse the archives from about 2-3 weeks ago.