[K12OSN] standalone spyware / content filter -- need suggestions

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 16:00:33 UTC 2005

Thanks.

Per your suggestion, I read up a bit on IPCop.  It
looks like it is a complete distribution, is that
right?  So it does not have to be installed "on top
of" Fedora, or Debian, or whatever?

My immediate need is for filtering spyware on a
network that already has a firewall (and some custom
configuration has already been done to allow certain
services).  IPCop says it's a firewall, so I guess
I'll have to choose to use one or the other.  Since
this is the case, would I be better off running a
plain linux install with no firewall and run
Dansguardian?

-Rob