[K12OSN] Server lock up

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Thu May 12 15:38:03 UTC 2005

John Baillie wrote:
> One of our servers locked up hard today. I did an Internet search on the
> error.
>
> Badness in put_task_struct at kernel/fork.c:87
>
> And low and behold the only references I could find pointed me right
> back here to k12ltsp.
>
> The thread
> https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2004-October/msg00167.html
>
> mentions switching to a different kernel.
>
> Not sure if I should pursue this further or just write it off as a
> fluke.

What K12LTSP release and what kernel version? As you saw in the archived
message (referring to the then recently released 2.6.8 under FC2), I
just used a different kernel version on that particular hardware and all
was well. If you're still on FC2/K12LTSP4.1, it looks like the last
kernel release was 2.6.10-1.771.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District