To: <mes4294 lausd k12 ca us>; "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Web protection and Proxy

I am working on my sandbox LDAP server running the k12ltsp version of
Fedora. I am attempting to run squid and Dan's Guardian web filtering. Can
anyone lead me or does any one have a simple tutorial that I may follow. I
need a push to get me started. Once I learn the basics I can customize to
meet my needs.

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/WebFiltering

Good place to start.

Are you alone in the the LAUSD running k12?  I'd love to see LAUSD get
interested in K12...  Ha!

Steve

-- Steve Hargadon 916-899-1400 direct www.technologyrescue.com