Re: [K12OSN] RHEL/K12LTSP

Trond Mæhlum wrote:
fre, 13,.05.2005 kl. 06.53 -0700, skrev Eric Harrison:

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Trond [ISO-8859-1] Mhlum wrote:

After given up a FC3 install on my HP330, I have decided to go for a
RHEL4 install, which detects the ATA Raid nicely.

Is there a way to install the K12LTSP packages into this install, or do
I have to go for a pure LTSP install from scratch?

I always install apt on my RHEL4 boxes, since I'm used to that. I also
use some mirrors from FC3 to install software. Is there such a apt
repository that might do this for RHEL4?

I'm working on this right now. If I remember my apt syntax correctly, this should do the trick:

rpm http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us apt/EL4 k12ltsp non-free os

That looks right. Thank you. I'll try that.

Trond

I should also complete the instructions ;-)

To simplify things a bit, I made K12LTSP meta packages. You can grab
just the group of packages you are interested in:

        apt-get update
        apt-get install k12ltsp-core      # LTSP
        apt-get install k12ltsp-education # Education apps
        apt-get install k12ltsp-utilities # yum, mondo, squidguard, etc
        apt-get install k12ltsp-extras  # icewm, openoffice-extras, etc

If you install the k12ltsp-core package via apt-get/yum/up2date, you
must manually run the initialization script:

        /opt/ltsp/templates/k12ltsp/K12Linux-initialized

Then reboot the server, cross your fingers, and try to boot a terminal ;-)

-Eric