From: Dan Bentson-Royal [mailto:dbentson lcsd k12 wa us]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 1:53 PM
To: mes4294 lausd k12 ca us; Support list for opensource software in
schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Is SquidGuard Working?

Look for clues by using these:
      tail -n 40 /var/log/squid/access.log
      tail -n 40 /var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log
      ps aux | grep squid

Right now, you aren't passing any traffic - you know that part.

Also, I think that the squid.conf file is superceded by
squid-squidGuard.conf, isn't that right?

Also, I'd try using the default set up using port 3128 just to be sure
that it is working in the basic configuration.

To test, try going to a blocked site. I always try
      http://www.wno.org
to see if it gets blocked. If squidGuard is running, that site will be
blocked.