[K12OSN] Is SquidGuard Working?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sat May 14 13:25:55 UTC 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Mark Sarria wrote:

> Thanks for the info, I can confirm that Squid is working on my server
> because it is blocking everything, when I ran tail -n 40
> /var/log/squid/access.log I saw my ip address being blocked from the sights.
>
> This is the error I am getting on the browser screen
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Access Denied.

This is from squid, not squidGuard. I believe you have a problem
with your access control lists.

>From the squid FAQ:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.2

   10.2 How do I allow my clients to use the cache?

   Define an ACL that corresponds to your client's IP addresses. For example:

         acl myclients src 172.16.5.0/24

   Next, allow those clients in the http_access list:

         http_access allow myclients

These lines go in /etc/squid/squid-squidGuard.conf or /etc/squid/squid.conf,
depending on how you started squid (the first one is for the squidguard
server, the second the standard squid).

-Eric