RE: [K12OSN] Is SquidGuard Working?

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Mark Sarria wrote:

Thanks for the info, I can confirm that Squid is working on my server
because it is blocking everything, when I ran tail -n 40
/var/log/squid/access.log I saw my ip address being blocked from the sights.

This is the error I am getting on the browser screen

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

This is from squid, not squidGuard. I believe you have a problem with your access control lists.

From the squid FAQ:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.2

10.2 How do I allow my clients to use the cache?

  Define an ACL that corresponds to your client's IP addresses. For example:

        acl myclients src 172.16.5.0/24

  Next, allow those clients in the http_access list:

        http_access allow myclients

These lines go in /etc/squid/squid-squidGuard.conf or /etc/squid/squid.conf, depending on how you started squid (the first one is for the squidguard server, the second the standard squid).

-Eric