[K12OSN] Xserve as a LTSP server....anyone done this?

It seems around Linux World time that someone had managed to get LTSP
working on a Mac server.  I know the client works...(Mac connected to a PC
server), but was wondering if anyone has managed getting LTSP working on
something like Ubuntu or YellowDog  on a Mac server such as an Xserve???
Anyone?  If you have any ideas I'm all ears...I'd like to try this for
proof of concept.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School