[K12OSN] Xserve as a LTSP server....anyone done this?

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon May 16 14:29:22 UTC 2005

thanks Jim....just the info I needed.  Daryl Hawes is presenting Mac stuff
at the Linux conference in June (the one you're coming to in Bethel
Maine)....and we know we can do the whole Mac client from a PC server, but
would like to try and demo Mac server and mac clients as well just for
kicks.  Thanks for the info. and especially the heads up about the PPC
apps....I might have missed that.  ;-)

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, May 16, 2005 at 9:44 AM +0000 wrote:
>David,
>
>It should just work.
>
>The LTSP installation tools are all written in Perl, so there's no
>porting required.
>
>You may have to enable some of the services manually, like tftp, dhcp or
>nfs, but that shouldn't be all that hard.
>
>Keep in mind tho, that your users will be running their applications on
>a PPC box, so the apps will be built for PPC Linux.  That may limit the
>apps that are available.
>
>Jim McQuillan
>jam at Ltsp.org

David N. Trask