[K12OSN] Professional Development and Teacher Collaboration

One of the biggest problems we have in our district with LTSP acceptance, I believe, is due to lack of PD. Would anyone be willing to share how they have trained staff to use the different OS?

Do your teachers have lesson plans they are sharing? Care to share globally?

A large part of this goes along with the thread asking about "killer apps" -- I'll one up that, and ask about departments or grade levels that are using thin clients as a part of the curriculum.

Lastly, might we start another ltsp listserv for *teachers* using linux, so that they might share ideas without subscribing to this list and listening to the nuances of squid ports and dynamically loaded kernel modules? :)

I have a 4th grade program, in which all 4 classrooms are using thin clients. One teacher has been using K12LTSP since version 2, and his class hasn't visited the "normal computer lab" in 3 years. I'd love to hook him up with other districts. Do other folks on this list have similar teachers at other grade levels? Have an interested upper elementary teacher that might like to talk with my 4th grade success story?

I have linux in the door -- now I really want to make it work for everyone like it works for me. Any advice?

-Shawn

PS: I'm willing to do the legwork, and even host the listserv if so desired. If you only have time to forward this email to some teachers that would be interested, fine -- I really want to get folks communicating classroom to classroom.

-- Shawn Powers Technology Director Inland Lakes Schools PHN: 231-238-6868 x9174 FAX: 509-356-7024 spowers inlandlakes org http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org