[K12OSN] DO I Need DHCP Server

Mark Sarria mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us
Mon May 16 23:00:26 UTC 2005

I am attempting my first try at booting this terminal server thing. I am new
to thin client technology but have a pretty good idea of how it works.
Before I get go any further I would like to describe my network environment.

We have a Cisco 3663 Router that serves as our DHCP server and Gateway to
the Internet. My client computers are a mixture of windows 95, 98, XP and
Mac.

AS I read the instruction on how to configure the server, the first thing
that caught my attention is the fact that it has to be a DHCP server. So now
I am stuck. I don't have a DHCP server. Our Cisco Router does that. Is there
anyway to get terminal server to work without DHCP?

1.	I downloaded my ISO version of Boot ROM from ROM-A-MATIC.
2.	How do I start the terminal services on the server?

Thank you ALL

---Mark