[K12OSN] eSchool News Article

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue May 17 15:03:04 UTC 2005

> > Just read an interesting article in eSchool News online.
> Indiana is
> > moving toward implementing a 1-to-1 desktop computing program using
> > "open source operating systems and other software."
> >
> > http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStoryts.cfm?ArticleID=5660

This just got me thinking.  I have about 200 iMac Bondi's at this school
being replaced over the summer.  I might just see if I can get those,
load them up with PPC Ubuntu and other usefull apps, then donate them to
be distributed among low income families in the community for free.  Any
thoughts on the concept?  I think this may be an awesome way to get huge
press in the area about the open source initiative, get some users
exposed to it, and just plain do a good thing.

I am wondering about availability of PPC software.  Does anyone know of
good resources for software on PPC platforms?

Thanks