Re: [K12OSN] RE: Professional Development and Teacher Collaboration

Rushton Hurley wrote:
If the LTSP folks would prefer for any reason not to start a K12LTSP-Teachers list, I would be happy to set up a Yahoo group to

I've received quite a few off-list responses, and I'm going to do my best to make this come to fruition. I'm going to set up a content management system (drupal, geeklog, something like that) that folks can sign up and contribute to. Give me a few days, and I'll ask for help setting up and inviting interested teachers.

I'm not sure the best way to organize the site (and I'm looking for thoughts on the matter). Things like classroom management, topic specific practices, grade-level specific ideas, etc all seem to be valid subject matters, and I'd like to see them organized somehow.

I figure a listserv for teachers with a searchable archive would be needed, and hopefully many of us would subscribe (keeping the topics curricular rather than technical). I might officially ask for some subdomain-love from the k12ltsp.org owner -- but only if the end product merits the name. ;)

Shawn, I'd also like permission to adopt your disclaimer.

lol! I'm flattered. Yes of course, anyone can use it in any form they like.

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director