[K12OSN] RE: Professional Development and Teacher Collaboration

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue May 17 18:05:37 UTC 2005

Rushton Hurley wrote:
> If the LTSP folks would prefer for any reason not to start a
> K12LTSP-Teachers list, I would be happy to set up a Yahoo group to

I've received quite a few off-list responses, and I'm going to do my
best to make this come to fruition.  I'm going to set up a content
management system (drupal, geeklog, something like that) that folks can
sign up and contribute to.  Give me a few days, and I'll ask for help
setting up and inviting interested teachers.

I'm not sure the best way to organize the site (and I'm looking for
thoughts on the matter).  Things like classroom management, topic
specific practices, grade-level specific ideas, etc all seem to be valid
subject matters, and I'd like to see them organized somehow.

I figure a listserv for teachers with a searchable archive would be
needed, and hopefully many of us would subscribe (keeping the topics
curricular rather than technical).  I might officially ask for some
subdomain-love from the k12ltsp.org owner -- but only if the end product
merits the name. ;)

> Shawn, I'd also like permission to adopt your disclaimer.

lol!  I'm flattered.  Yes of course, anyone can use it in any form they
like.

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director