[K12OSN] eSchool News Article

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue May 17 18:43:49 UTC 2005

> >> PPC is one of the platforms Debian itself supports,
> >

> > yes -- I think editing /etc/apt/sources.list (or is it
> > sources.conf...I
> > forget) and uncommenting "universe" -- you'll get the whole debian
> > repository full of PPC stuff.  There is a lot of stuff there.
> >
> > I'm not sure if "universe" is the entire debian collection,
> but it's
> > pretty substantial regardless.
>
> Rather than editing /etc/apt/sources.list by hand, you can
> take the user-friendly route:
>
> start Synaptic:
>      System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manger
> in Synaptic, select the Repository configuration:
>     Settings -> Repositories
> Click on the "Add" button and select the various components.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am already asking around to see if I can
get the school on-board with the idea.  I'll start building my sample
machine tonight.

What better way to get people hooked than free samples ;-)

I'll check into the USB Keychain idea as well.  Makes sense since there
are no floppies.