[K12OSN] Freezing/Pausing Student Programs in Mid-Use

I was reading my "Linux Server Hacks" book and found a cool way to freeze clients using root:

skill -STOP -u <username>

That causes all processes that belong to the user to freeze.  You can restart the user by:

skill -CONT -u <username>

It beats trying to run xscreensaver and remotely locking the other computers (there are easy ways to disable/defeat that... I found out pretty quickly as I battled students one day).

Henry Burroughs