[K12OSN] OS X Server and Duplication

One question and a comment---

Is it possible to setup a G4 X Server into a duplicating server for my k12 LDAP Server?
If not, what are the steps to creating a duplication server for my LDAP server using a PC.

I am fairly new to LDAP, and as I play around with it more I am understanding the way it functions. But I am a bit confused about duplication server. As I understand it, a duplication server only duplicates login information( Username Password), but not home directory information. Only the Master has the home directory. IF the master fails, the nearest duplication server (slave) will allow user to login.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

--mark