[K12OSN] How do I route mail to unknown users to one account

Gary Frederick gary.frederick at jsoft.com
Wed May 18 09:03:42 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I have an account that is used to do administrative stuff. I had root's
mail forwarded to that account. I switched root's alias to the auser
account (thanks Sudev) and things are 'better' but not what I want. I'm
trying to get a better handle on spam. Say I have the following
  root - gets all the root email
  theuser - the admin for the system
  auser - gets all the email to unknown users
I was getting everything on theuser and filtering. If I have an auser
account that does not also have root email I can assume that most of the
email is spam and score it accordingly. I may also be able to set
something up where if an email goes to auser and to other users, it's a
mass mailing and probably spam.

So, I now have all of the unknown users AND all of the root email going
to auser. I will try to find where sendmail sets up sending all the
unknown users to root and why the LUSER_RELAY is not catching them.

I was thinking of asking on the sendmail list, but wanted to ask here
first to see about the k12ltsp specific configuration.

Thanks,

Gary