Re: [K12OSN] How do I route mail to unknown users to one account

Howdy,

I have an account that is used to do administrative stuff. I had root's mail forwarded to that account. I switched root's alias to the auser account (thanks Sudev) and things are 'better' but not what I want. I'm trying to get a better handle on spam. Say I have the following
root - gets all the root email
theuser - the admin for the system
auser - gets all the email to unknown users
I was getting everything on theuser and filtering. If I have an auser account that does not also have root email I can assume that most of the email is spam and score it accordingly. I may also be able to set something up where if an email goes to auser and to other users, it's a mass mailing and probably spam.

So, I now have all of the unknown users AND all of the root email going to auser. I will try to find where sendmail sets up sending all the unknown users to root and why the LUSER_RELAY is not catching them.

I was thinking of asking on the sendmail list, but wanted to ask here first to see about the k12ltsp specific configuration.

Thanks,

Gary