[K12OSN] New install (cc'd from offlist)

Bill Bardon bill at computassist.com
Wed May 18 15:08:55 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, May 18 richard ingalls wrote:
> If people want Microsoft's clipart they just need to
> go their website and get it!  I do it with my students
> all the time - and we use OpenOffice ONLY.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us

Technically, their End User License Agreement, which you have to click
through to download the clip art, prohibits you from downloading if you
don't have a license for one of their products:

"IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID LICENSE FOR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE
PRODUCTS (EACH A "SOFTWARE PRODUCT"), YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INSTALL,
COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE SOFTWARE: Office 2003 System, or any of its
applications, or any product which includes Microsoft Clip Gallery or
Microsoft Clip Organizer."

One has to be careful about licenses these days!

--
Bill Bardon
COMPUTASSIST