Re: [K12OSN] Upgrade to Hyperthreading

On May 18, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Shawn Powers wrote:

Just make sure to use an -smp kernel,

I guess I should specify that that can be done on boot -- an smp kernel should be an option when the computer first boots up.  Making it the default varies based on the distrobution.  I think most new grub installs (grub being the bootloader, the thing where you select the kernel to boot from) will choose the last selected kernel as the default.

Please, someone with more grubby experience confirm or deny this,
-Shawn