[K12OSN] New Install ? on Switch

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 09:58:11 UTC 2005

Karen,

If you want to just test out K12LTSP on one classroom,
you can use a high-end desktop machine as your
"server".  I do that at home.  I've only used 2
clients on it, and some here have suggested that 5 or
8 is the max you could run off of this type of
machine.  Mine is a 2.0 Celeron with 640 MB of SDRAM
and an IDE hard drive.

A real server would give you better performance, but a
desktop machine is suitable as a proof-of-concept.

-Rob