Re: [K12OSN] How to save ssh key in users directory

To avoid being prompted for your passphrase all the
time, you can either
1) create keys with an empty passphrase.
or
2) use ssh-agent, which remembers your passphrase
after it has been entered once, until you log out.

If you have created more than one public/private
keypair, you can copy all of the public keys (they end
in .pub) to the authorized_keys file.  I'm not
familiar with local applications, so I can't tell you
for sure if this is required or not.  But putting a
public key in an authorized_keys file gives the owner
of the corresponding private key the ability to log
into that account.

-Rob