[K12OSN] How to save ssh key in users directory

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 10:19:02 UTC 2005

To avoid being prompted for your passphrase all the
time, you can either
1) create keys with an empty passphrase.
or
2) use ssh-agent, which remembers your passphrase
after it has been entered once, until you log out.

If you have created more than one public/private
keypair, you can copy all of the public keys (they end
in .pub) to the authorized_keys file.  I'm not
familiar with local applications, so I can't tell you
for sure if this is required or not.  But putting a
public key in an authorized_keys file gives the owner
of the corresponding private key the ability to log
into that account.

-Rob