Re: [K12OSN] Request for articles (personal request)

A while back I created a website to track news stories about city governments using OSS.

http://www.opencitygov.org

Originally, I was just printing out stories as I came across them, and sticking those printouts in a folder, and handing out to people. Then I realized it would be easier to maintain a webpage on the matter. It's not a huge list, but it's all in one place making it easier for you to at least find stories on OSS use in cities.

Petre

Shawn Powers wrote:
Sorry for my recent spamming of the list...

My superintendent just asked me for a list of articles regarding businesses, governments, states, schools, colleges, other countries, personal education success stories, etc that have moved to OSS and or Linux. *HE* wants to present to the school board at our Monday board meeting.

I have been doing some off-the-cuff research, and found recent things like Peru's government and the UK report, but would you folks mind bombarding me (offlist, please) with as many articles, links, etc that you can? This is a chance for OSS evangelism to come FROM someone other than me in my district, so I want arm the super (also my boss) as well as I can.

Thank you very, very much,

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers