[K12OSN] yum installs

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu May 19 14:46:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 07:59 -0500, Petre Scheie wrote:
> Hmmm.  Thinking this sounded like a good idea, I tried 'yum list all', but all I got was
>
> Gathering package information from servers
> Getting headers from: Fedora Linux / stable for Red Hat Linux 8.0 (i386)
> Getting headers from: K12LTSP for Red Hat Linux 8.0 (i386)
> Getting headers from: Macromedia Flash Player for Red Hat Linux 8.0
> Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 8.0 (i386)
> Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 8.0 (i386) updates

A couple of things come to mind:

1/ you could try yumex as a GUI for yum to see all the packages listed
in front of you in a nice, ummmm, GUI.

	... but, that will only work if you have the correct repositories
configured, so ...

2/ You seem to have the wrong repositories since yours all point to RH8
instead of FC3 that is the basis of k12ltsp 4.2.0.  Support for RH8
would only be found in legacy repos - or did you say that already?

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester