[K12OSN] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Barry R Cisna brcisna at frontiernet.net
Fri May 20 01:02:37 UTC 2005

Daniel..

    I had same prob with an clean install of  4.2.0. a few months back.

    It is your IPv6 "services"///settings,,

    I had to reformat several times,,on 4 differnet machines,, before i
figured out,,what it was,actually was causing it..

    I'll put a list of things you need to disable in services[not
needed],( that are enabled by default).,tomorow,FRI,after i can see what the
services listings are.,

    You'll need to make sure your network wires are unplugged from both
nics,, before you start to reformat!:(..
    Then you have to disable some network services:>.then plug in your
network wires,,AFTER disabling some services.
    I would bet money that this happend to your servers >after< you
rebooted,,one or two times.( This is how it happend on ours).

    I know this doesnt sound logical but Im sure this is your prob( I
think)...:)..
    Hope this gives some "hope" for figuring your prob.

    Barry