Re: [K12OSN] DHCP Questions - Putting a Windows client in FC3 lab

Is the Windows client pulling an IP address?

If you run ipconfig /all you should get your IP address and gateway information.

You can set both Firefox and IE to automatically detect proxy settitngs. This may be a good idea just in case your proxy server is using a port other that 8080. In Firefox go to Tool > Options and click on the "Connection Settings" button. In IE go to Tool > Options and select Lan.

HTH,
Ken

richard ingalls wrote:

I have an existing FC3 classroom lab with one server a
just a few clients. I need to add just one Windows
client into this room & it needs to have internet
access. What are the settings I need to adjust on
either the client or the server to make this happen? The server goes through a squid/DG proxy server in my
bldg.

I tried adjusting the TCP/IP settings on the Windows
client to obtain it's IP address automatically, but
couldn't get online with Firefox or IE.

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks.

Yahoo! Mail