[K12OSN] CoSN Primer

On the subject of advocacy, I don't know if anyone has mentioned a
recent report sponsored by CoSN (Consortium for School Networking
http://cosn.org) called "Primer on Open Technologies in K-12
Education."  It's short, about 5 pages, and covers open source
software, open standards and interop (i.e., SIF).  It is quite well
written.  The catch is that if you're not a member of CoSN it is $25
to download it.  On the other hand, if we're talking about making
suits feel impressed by something, giving them a report you had to pay
for may be perversely effective.   On the third hand, there's nothing
in there you haven't heard before, so don't get your panties in a
bunch about their decision to charge for it.  It's their loss.

--Tom