Re: [ok-mail] [K12OSN] Help me fight FUD

On Thursday 19 May 2005 14:52, Mark Cockrell wrote:
> SNIP
> Some of these teachers have dozens of PowerPoint
> presentations they've been using for years and the thought of having to
> edit and reformat them all to account for the lack of Feature X in
> OpenOffice is daunting.  They'd rather hang on to the aging copy of MS
> Office 97 they know, than face the future of a modern office suite they
> don't know.  Have any of you fought this battle?

If you are not yet switching the PC's to Linux (or perhaps with Wine?) we
 have installed the PowerPoint Viewer during the transition so that they can
 still use their old PowerPoint .... it has kept them happy but it has also
 slowed their conversion efforts.

--
Thanks,

John