Re: [K12OSN] Help me fight FUD

Speaking of WordPerfect, when talking with people who say "Kids should use MS Office because that is what they'll encounter in the business world", it should be pointed out that WordPerfect is still used quite a lot, particularly in legal environments. The idea that the world only uses MS Office is a simplistic myth, partly created by reports on the *sales* numbers of MS Office & WordPerfect, which don't reveal anything about the existing installed base. The point is it's a false assumption, which therefore leads to bad conclusions like the above claim. Not to mention, as we have all discussed, kids need to learn the concepts, not the particulars of one word processor over another.

Petre