[K12OSN] Help me fight FUD

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Sat May 21 01:41:14 UTC 2005

Hi Shawn,

I'm using OO 1.1.4 to create presentations.

My wife can open them in Office 97 (because she won't upgrade to Office
2000).

I then take it down to the campus lab and run it under Office Pro 2000.

The only problems I seem to encounter are slight format changes, usually
related to differences in fonts.
Most of my problems relate to my skill level, I don't generally use
presentation software.

The biggest problem I had was running videos/movie clips. That can be
overcome by running a small bash script that calls MPlayer and the video
clip. I found a couple of message relating to this using Google.

Cheers,
Bert Rolston