Re: [K12OSN] Big Troubles

> Hi Everyone!  Well, Murphy is coming a-calling...  Friday pm and
> most gurus are off for a long week-end-  Yikes.

> All of our clients are dropping off after only running a short while-
> minutes...  The twin 3 gig mp server is crawling- K12ltsp 4.2.   A
> reboot just allows all of the slow downs and trouble to begin
> minutes after reboot.

It looks like something is triggering multiple in.authd processes. You
can probably sakely turn this service off (edit /etc/xinetd.d/auth). I
believe this process is spawned because of incoming traffic on port 113.
It might be instructive to run ethereal to see if someone is trying a
DOS using this port.