Re: [K12OSN] Re: OSX Help

Just to clearify the OS X Ldap, I did not wirte it up. and it does work for 10.2.8

-mark

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petre Scheie" <petre maltzen net>
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Re: OSX Help

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/

Jim, is your copy different than Mark's notes (which came from your docs, if I'm following the thread correctly)? Even if it's just a bit different, I'd encourage you to post in on the wiki, as just another example. There's no such thing as too much documentation, particularly with regard to examples. I own about a dozen books on perl, and they overlap quite a lot. But each one has at least one nugget of info that the all the others don't, and that one nugget makes having the book worthwhile. Your copy, if it's even just a bit different, might be just the thing for someone trying to solve a problem, whereas the one that's there might not work for that first someone, but will be perfect for someone else.

Petre

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Okay, I added the contents of your PDF to the wiki under Technical. Thanks for writing that up.

Thanks for putting that on the wiki. I'll take my copy off of
http://www.1-cs.com/osxldap.html where I was hosting it in the interim.
The instructions say 10.3 or later just because that is all I did my
testing on. I tested them to 10.3 and 10.4 and I believe it will work
on 10.2 as well I just didn't test it yet. Which wiki is that under? I checked ltsp.org and can't find a Technical
section.