[K12OSN] SAMBA/LDAP install problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue May 24 18:43:45 UTC 2005

At 12:43 PM 5/24/2005, David Trask wrote:
>"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
>Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 11:56 AM +0000 wrote:
> >I have attached an error.log generated by using > error.log while
> >rerunning
> >the command.  Note that none of the error messages made it into the log
> >(they still went to terminal).
>
>I'm the author of the smbldap docs you're using to set this up....I still
>need you to answer a couple questions so we can attack this from the right
>starting point.  What distro are you using?  And....did you use the
>smbldap-installer script?

As I said in my message, but it was toward the bottom, Centos 4.0

I started at the beginning of your script.  I said I had fedora (I thought
I had to say something).  The script then asked me for disk 3, which of
course I did not have.  But as I looked through the messages, the rpms that
were being asked from from that CD were already in the script's
directory!  So I copied them to the temp directory that the script was
using, and let things go.

I have not booted the system since I started the install, so if there is
something I can find....