Re: [K12OSN] SAMBA/LDAP install problems

At 12:43 PM 5/24/2005, David Trask wrote:
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 11:56 AM +0000 wrote:
>I have attached an error.log generated by using > error.log while
>rerunning
>the command.  Note that none of the error messages made it into the log
>(they still went to terminal).

I'm the author of the smbldap docs you're using to set this up....I still
need you to answer a couple questions so we can attack this from the right
starting point.  What distro are you using?  And....did you use the
smbldap-installer script?

As I said in my message, but it was toward the bottom, Centos 4.0

I started at the beginning of your script. I said I had fedora (I thought I had to say something). The script then asked me for disk 3, which of course I did not have. But as I looked through the messages, the rpms that were being asked from from that CD were already in the script's directory! So I copied them to the temp directory that the script was using, and let things go.

I have not booted the system since I started the install, so if there is something I can find....